tethaPlate, pack of 10
The tethaPlate™ is a 6-chamber sample holder for tethered membrane preparations. It is used in conjunction with a tethaPod or tethaPatch system for the determination of membrane conduction and studies of protein ion channels.
The working electrodes are pre-coated with tethering agent and the plate is ready for the addition of phospholipids for membrane creation. The tether/spacer ratio is normally set at 1:10. Other ratios can be supllied on special order.
The tethaPlate is delivered in two sections which are assembled with the aid of an Assembly Jig. See how to assemble a tethaPlate and make a tethered membrane at http://www.edaq.com/screencasts.php#sdx
Trademarks: tethaPod, tethaPatch, tethaPlate, and tethaPlasm are trademarks of SDx Tethered Membranes Pty Ltd.
- Sample chambers: 6
- Tethering electrode: gold, 3.0 x 0.7 mm (area 2.1 mm2)
- Body: white polycarbonate, 75 x 39 x 7 mm
- Electrode substrate: transparent polycarbonate, 75 x 25 x 1 mm
- Flow channel depth: 0.15 mm
- Loading port: 4.5 mm diameter circle, 4.5 mm deep
- Waste port: 22 x 7.5 mm, 4.5 mm deep
- Tethers: benzyl-disulphide-bis-tetraethyleneglycolmonophytane
- Spacers: benzyl-disulphide-bis-tetraethyleneglycol
- Tether/Spacer ratio: 1/10
- Long term storage: 4°C
- Usage: 0 – 45°C