CEI Capillary Electrophoresis with C4D and UV Detection
- Economical, Easy to use
- Flexible and upgradable
- Choice of detectors
The CEI is an easy to use, economical capillary electrophoresis (CE) instrument perfect for research and teaching. It has an innovative modular design where each module is easily accessible and interchangeable. This makes maintenance a lot easier and it allows for a flexible, upgradable system.
The instrument is equipped with a touchscreen panel. The simple user interface makes it easy to set up and launch analysis. The data is collected and analysed in PowerChrom software.
The instrument allows for both hydrodynamic or electrokinetic sample injection. The capillary is housed in a cartridge and the temperature is regulated using a flow of air. The CE instrument can be connected to other instruments (MS, LC or ICP) using an optional external detector cartridge.
It can be ordered with both contactless conductivity (C4D) and UV detectors, C4D detector only, or UV detector only.
The instrument can be set up in its simplest configuration for a quick analysis and as an excellent teaching and training tool for capillary electrophoresis. It can be upgraded to a semi-automatic or automatic configuration with the optional automated sample carrousel.
The instrument has been used in a wide range of applications, including:
- Food and beverage: quality control, food safety, oenology…
- Environmental: analysis of water, soil, air…
- Pharmaceutical: counterfeit drugs, quality control, chirality
- Medical: screening and diagnosis
Technical and Application Notes
- Connecting the C4D to the WynSep Wyn-CE
- The eDAQ 150 micron C4D headstage
- Procedure for Capillary Electrophoresis with C4D
- Appropriate Frequency to use with Different Background Electrolytes and Capillary Inner Diameters
- Sweat chloride quantification using capillary electrophoresis. Patricia Dubot, Jing Liang, Jacobé Dubs, Yohann Missiak, Cédric Sarazin, François Couderc, Elizabeth Caussé. Practical Laboratory Medicine 13 e00114, 2018. DOI: 10.1016/j.plabm.2018.e00114
- Fast analysis of potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium cations in total parenteral nutrition formulations with the Wyn-CE Capillary Electrophoresis System coupled with a contactless conductivity detection. Cédric Sarazin, Pierre Riollet. JOURNAL OF APPLIED BIOANALYSIS, Vol. 2, No. 2, p. 76-80, 2016. DOI: 10.17145/jab.16.010 (ISSN 2405-710X)
- Dosage des acides organiques dans les vins par électrophorèse capillaire. Marjorie Grimault, Cédric Sarazin et Dominique Lucas. L’actualité chimique - octobre 2016 - n° 411. 2016.
- Comparaison des détections UV et conductimétrie sans contact pour l’analyse des acides organiques dans le vin par électrophorèse capillaire. Cédric SARAZIN, Pierre RIOLLET. Spectra Analyse, n° 306, Novembre 2015
- Nitrate Reduction of Brines from Water Desalination Plants Employing a Low Metallic Charge Pd, In Catalyst and Formic Acid as Reducing Agent. Fernanda M. Zoppas, Andrea M. Bernardes, E. E. Miró, F. A. Marchesini. August 2018, Volume 148, Issue 8, pp 2572–2584, 2018. DOI: 10.1007/s10562-018-2429-x
- Capillary electrophoresis as a production tool for asymmetric microhybrids. Zahra Fattah, Patrick Garrigue, Bertrand Goudeau, Véronique Lapeyre, Alexander Kuhn, Laurent Bouffier. Volume 34, Issue 14, Pages 1985-1990. 2013. DOI:doi.org/10.1002/elps.201300064
- Hydrodynamic injection by vacuum at the cathode side. Adjustable from 0 to 2.4 bars. Set at the factory at 50 mbars.
- Electrokinetic injection +/- 30 kV with ramping rate of 1kV/sec. Setting the injection from 0 to 99 seconds.
- Flushing: Rinsing pressure by cathode vacuum at 900 mbars. Flushing time from 0 to 99 minutes.
- Voltage / Current: +/- 30 kV with automatic reverse polarity / -250 μA to +250 μA.
- Manual Carousel: 1 carousel, 16 positions at the anode and 1 fixed 10 ml cathode vial.
- Sample and buffer volumes: Minimum 10 μl (using micro insert vial) up to 1.5 ml for samples and buffers at the anode side. 10 ml for fixed cathode vial.
- Capillary temperature regulation: Thermoelectric by forced air (Peltier). 15°C to 50°C by steps of 0.1°C. Temperature stability 0.1°C.
- Capillary length: Minimal total length 30 cm. Efficient length 22 cm.
- Detectors: Choice of C4D and UV, C4D only, or UV only. UV/VIS adjustable mono wavelength with D2 lamp (option for Tungsten). Capacitively Coupled Contactless Conductivity Detector (C4D).
- Special external detector: Special cassette for external detector (MS, ICP …).
- Safety: Safety Interlock disables High voltage when opening instrument door.
- User interface: 5,7” Touchscreen interface with easy-to-use software.
- Data collection: PowerChrom software
- Power requirements: Voltage 100 to 240 Vac, 50/60 Hz; Power 400 VA
- Dimension (W x H x D): 39 x 60 x 44 cm (15.4 x 23.6 x 17.3 inch)
- Weight: 35 kg (77 lbs)