ET325-5 Thin Film Solar Cell - Pack of five
A five pack of flexible thin film, amorphous silicon, solar cells that are ideal for teaching the principles of solar energy collection. Use with a potentiostat system to:
- determine the open circuit potential (maximum voltage, Vmax)
- determine short circuit current (maxiumum current, imax)
- ramp the potential from zero to Vmax and prepare a graph of i vs V
- multiply the i and V signals to get the work signal
- determine i and V at maximum work, and optimal load = V/i
- repeat at different illumination levels.
The point of maximum work is the most efficient place at which to draw off energy from a solar cell at a given illumination level. Connect in series for a bigger voltage or in parallel for a larger current.
See the application note Plotting the IV Curve of a Solar Cell in EChem Software.
Read more about thin film solar cells by clicking here.
View more related videos on the Screencast Training Videos Wiki
- Maximum voltage: 3 V nominal
- Maxumum current: 25 mA nominal
- Dimensions (w x l): 25 x 114 mm (1.0 x 4.5")
- Thickness: 0.2 mm (0.008")
- Mass: 0.8 g (0.03 oz)
The nominal values are those achieved close to the point of maximum work under full illumination.
ET325_SolarCell (850 KB PDF)
ER466 Integrated Potentiostat System
ER461 EChem Startup System