Using an e-corder over the Internet
e-corder units can operate over Ethernet using a USB/Ethernet hub. We used a BELKIN network USB Hub model F5L009 and after installing the driver we proceeded to test various e-corder units - both 4 channel and 8 channel units were tested.
As the diagram shows, many different connections can be made. We have tested 4 e-corder units connected to a number of our computers through our inhouse LAN. We tested the e-corder units running at full speed.
- One e-corder connected to one PC over the network
- Several (up to 5) e-corders to one PC
- One e-corder to many PC’s (but not at the same time)
- Several PC’s each using one or more e-corders.
- Wireless connection is course possible if a wireless router is available
- Only one user per e-corder at any one time (USB restriction)
- Used with Windows, Chart, Scope, Powerchrom and Echem oper
- Long distances operation using VPN is likely to work, conventional www probably will not.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or help with this configuration.