The next meeting of the RACI Electrochemical Division will be the:
20th Australian/New Zealand Electrochemistry Symposium (20ANZES) and ISE Satellite Student Regional Symposium on Electrochemistry.
Sunday, 17th April 2016, at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. Held in conjunction with the New Zealand Institute of Chemistry, and the International Society for Electrochemistry. Download flyer here.
A.M. Bond Medal
The A.M. Bond Medal for excellence by a young researcher will be awarded to Dr Leigh Aldous (UNSW)
• Prof. Ulrich Stimming (Newcastle University, UK)
• Prof. Richard McCreery (University of Alberta, Canada)
To be announced.
Call for papers
• Abstracts for lecture and poster presentations are now invited.
• PhD students and other early-career researchers are especially invited to contribute.
• The deadline for submission has been extended to Monday 18th January 2016.
• Please download the abstract template (MS Word file) for instructions on the abstract format.
• email your completed abstract to Gordon Miskelly, or Anthony O’Mullane
• Notification of acceptance of abstract, 1 February 2016.
Lecture theatre 401.439 located in the Faculty of Engineering building, University of Auckland, 20 Symonds Street Auckland.
Please register on-line at https://www.ivvy.com/event/ELD544/
RACI, NZIC, or ISE members $80* $100
Non-members $100* $120
Student members $50* $70
Student non-members $70* $90
*Early-bird rates, before 3 April 2016. Prices in Australian dollars.
Approximate exchange rates for AUD$1 (as of 17 November 2015) are:
NZ$1.10 US$0.71 EUR 0.66 THB 25 MYR 3.10 IDR 9731
HKD$5.49 SGD$1.01 CNY 4.52 TYD 23 GBP 0.47 JPY 87
You should make your own accommodation reservations. The ISE Topical Meeting (see below) has organised special rates at several hotels. Click here for details. There are also many other hotels within a short distance of the venue.
If you have any questions about the conference please contact Gordon Miskelly (University of Auckland), or Anthony O’Mullane (QUT).
Gordon Miskelly & David Williams (University of Auckland)
Alison Downard (Canterbury University)
Anthony O’Mullane (QUT)
Damien Arrigan & Debbie Silvester-Dean(Curtin University)
Conor Hogan (LaTrobe University)
Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI)
New Zealand Institute of Chemistry (NZIC)
University of Auckland
International Society of Electrochemistry (ISE)
19th Topical Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry (Electrochemistry at Modified Surfaces)
17-20 April 2016, at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. See ISE Meeting details here.
Previous meetings of the Division have been:
- The RACI National Congress, 7-12 December 2014 in Adelaide. The Breyer Medal was awarded to Prof Christian Amatore.
- 19th Australian/New Zealand Electrochemistry Symposium (19ANZES), 26 November 2013, Ian Wark Lecture Theatre, CSIRO Central Precinct, Clayton, Melbourne. Keynote speakers were Prof. David Williams from the University of Auckland, New Zealand and Prof. Julie Macpherson from the University of Warwick, UK. The 2013 A.M. Bond medal for excellence by a young researcher was awarded to Dr Debbie Silvester of Curtin University. Download oral presentations here and poster presentations here. This meeting was preceded by The Future of Australian Electrochemistry on 25 November 2013. This was an ISE-sponsored student-focused meeting.
- 18th Australian Electrochemistry Symposium held at Curtin University, Bentley Campus, Perth, Western Australia held on Sunday 15th April 2012. The symposium featured three award winning lectures by the 2012 recipients of the Electrochemistry Division’s Bryer, Stokes, and Bond medals. Download the proceedings of both meetings here. The meeting was held back-to-back with the 10th International Society of Electrodchemistry (ISE) Spring Meeting, April 16-19, 2012, Perth. The theme of the meeting was "New approaches to nanostructuring electrodes for electroanalysis and energy storage".
Electrochemistry Division Medals
The Bruno Breyer Medal, for internationally-recognized contributions in the field of electrochemistry, the R.H. Stokes Medal, for distinguished research in the field of electrochemistry carried out mainly in Australia, and the A.M. Bond medal for excellence by a young researcher, are periodically awarded at meetings of the Division. Please forward nominations to the EDRACI Secretary.
Past medal awards:
18AES 15 April 2012, Curtin University,
Breyer Medallist: Professor Joseph Wang (University of California, San Diego).
Stokes Medallist: Professor Justin Gooding (University of New South Wales).
Inaugral Bond Medallist: Dr Jie Zhang (Monash University)
RACI 2010, 4-8 July 2010, Melbourne. The National Convention of the RACI.
12AEC, 4-8 July, 2004, held at Conrad Jupiters on the Gold Coast in conjunction with INTERACT 2004
Breyer Medallist: Professor Alan MacDiarmid (University of Pennsylvania).
Stokes Medallist: Professor Gordon Wallace (University of Wollongong).