EA167 Dual Reference Adaptor
The Dual Reference Adaptor connects to the reference electrode lead of a 3-electrode potentiostat (for example any of the eDAQ EA161, EA163, EA162, or EA164 modular potentiostats, or ER466 integrated potentiostat) and enables its use with two reference electrodes. The potentiostat becomes a 4-electrode system with one working, one counter, and two reference electrodes. Applications include measurements of currents across:
- membranes (4-electrode voltage clamp), or
- the interface between two immiscible electrolyte solutions (ITES).
while the potentiostat controls the potential between the two reference electrodes.
Most brands of 3-electrode potentiostat are compatible. It can also be used as a general purpose high impedance differential voltmeter where the inputs are separated by a maximum of 10 V.
- Differential Input: 10 V maximum
- Output: ±10 V maximum (unity gain)
- Input impedance: 1013 ohm
- Maximum bandwidth: 30 kHz