NOTE: This product is no longer available. It has been superseded by the EA362 Dual Picostat.
The Picostat is a fully software-controlled high-sensitivity potentiostat suitable for use with two (working and counter), or three (working, auxiliary and reference) electrodes. The Picostat draws DC power from the e-corder unit and can be used inside Faraday cages. Ideal for use with microelectrodes (including carbon fibers for neurochemical experiments) and low current sensors.
Nanoelectrodes for determination of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species inside murine macrophages. Yixian Wang, Jean-Marc Noël, Jeyavel Velmurugan, Wojciech Nogala, Michael V. Mirkin, Cong Lu, Manon Guille Collignon, Frédéric Lemaître, and Christian Amatore. PNAS, in press.
- Dopamine dynamics associated with, and resulting from, schedule-induced alcohol self-administration: analyses in dopamine transporter knockout mice. Guy Mittleman, Stanford B. Call, Jody L. Cockroft, Dan Goldowitz, Douglas B. Matthews, and Charles D. Blaha. Alcohol, in press.
- Genotype-dependent effects of adolescent nicotine exposure on dopamine functional dynamics in the nucleus accumbens shell in male and female mice: a potential mechanism underlying the gateway effect of nicotine. Price E. Dickson, Tiffany D. Rogers, Deranda B. Lester, Mellessa M. Miller, Shannon G. Matta, Elissa J. Chesler, Dan Goldowitz, Charles D. Blaha and Guy Mittleman. Psychopharmacology, in press.
- Prussian Blue-modified microelectrodes for selective transduction in enzyme-based amperometric microbiosensors for in vivo neurochemical monitoring. P. Salazara, M. Martín, R. Roche, R.D. O’Neill, and J.L. González-Mora, Electrochimica Acta, 55, 6476–6484, 2010.
- Diffusion-limited chronoamperometry at conical-tip microelectrodes. Dieter Britz, Shaneel Chandra, Jörg Strutwolf, and Danny K.Y. Wong. Electrochimica Acta, 55, 1272-1277, 2010.
- Midbrain acetylcholine and glutamate receptors modulate accumbal dopamine release. Deranda B. Lester, Anthony D.Miller, Tiffany D. Pate and Charles D. Blaha. NeuroReport, 19, 991-995, 2008.
- In Vivo Electrochemical Detection of Nitric Oxide in Tumor-Bearing Mice. Sophie Griveau, Charlotte Dumezy, Johanne Seguin, Guy G. Chabot, Daniel Scherman, and Fethi Bedioui. Analytical Chemistry, 79, 1030-1033, 2007.
- Dopamine efflux in the rat striatum evoked by electrical stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus: potential mechanism of action in Parkinson’s disease. Kendall H. Lee, Charles D. Blaha, Brent T. Harris, Shannon Cooper, Frederick L. Hitti, James C. Leiter, David W. Roberts and Uhnoh Kim. European Journal of Neuroscience, 23, 1005–1014, 2006.
- Range settings: ±10 pA to ±100 nA
- Input resistance: 1013 ohm
- Maximum bandwidth: > 10 kHz
- Applied potential: ±10 V maximum