ERZ100 Electrochemical Impedance Analyzer
The Electrochemical Impedance Analyzer is designed to perform electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) with the addition of an EA163 Potentiostat (up to 100 kHz).
EIS applies a small, non-destructive, AC waveform to a sample and measures the subsequent attenuation and phase shift of the signal. The experiment is repeated over a range of frequencies (typically up to 10 per decade) and the results are modelled as a combination of resistors and capacitors (and other electrical components) which, in turn, can be interpreted as physicochemical phenomena. In particular, a sample that has a layered structure can have the electrical conductivity of the layers determined, and if the dielectric constant(s) of the sample are known then the thickness of the layers can also be determined.
EIS is also often used in the characterisation of surface processes, such as corrosion.
The Z100 is supplied with Z Navigator operating software and the powerful ZMAN modeling software. It comes with a one year warranty.
Ultrananocrystalline diamond-CMOS device integration route for high acuity retinal prostheses. A. Ahnood, M.C. Escudie, R. Cicione, C.D. Abeyrathne, K. Ganesan, K.E. Fox, D.J. Garrett, A. Stacey, N.V. Apollo, S.G. Lichter, C.D.L. Thomas, N. Tran, H. Meffin, S. Prawer. Biomedical Microdevices, 17:50, 2015. DOI: 10.1007/s10544-015-9952-y
A comparative study of graphene–hydrogel hybrid bionanocomposites for biosensing. S. L. Burrs, D. C. Vanegas, M. Bhargava, N. Mechulan, P. Hendershot, H. Yamaguchi, C. Gomes, and E. S. McLamore. Analyst, 140, 1466-1476, 2015. DOI: 10.1039/c4an01788a
- Performance of conducting polymer electrodes for stimulating neuroprosthetics. R.A. Green, P.B. Matteucci, R.T. Hassarati, B. Giraud, C.W.D. Dodds, S. Chen, P.J. Byrnes-Preston, G.J. Suaning, L.A. Poole-Warren and N.H. Lovell, Journal of Neural Engineering, 10, 016009, 2013. DOI: 10.1088/1741-2560/10/1/016009
- Conductive hydrogels with tailored bioactivity for implantable electrode coatings. G.L. Mario Cheong, Khoon S. Lim, Anais Jakubowicz, Penny J. Martens, Laura A. Poole-Warren, Rylie A. Green. Acta Biomaterialia, 10, 1216–1226, 2014. DOI: 10.1016/j.actbio.2013.12.032
Carbazole-Dendrimer-Based Donor−π–Acceptor Type Organic Dyes for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells: Effect of the Size of the Carbazole Dendritic Donor. Pongsathorn Thongkasee, Amonrat Thangthong, Nittaya Janthasing, Taweesak Sudyoadsuk, Supawadee Namuangruk, Tinnagon Keawin, Siriporn Jungsuttiwong, and Vinich Promarak, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 6, 8212–8222, 2014. DOI: 10.1021/am500947k
Zinc–Porphyrin Dyes with Different meso-Aryl Substituents for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells: Experimental and Theoretical Studies. Kanokkorn Sirithip et al. Chemisty An Asian Journal, 2014. DOI: 10.1002/asia.201402766
View more related videos on the Screencast Training Videos Wiki
- Frequency Range: 1 mHz to 100 kHz
- AC amplitude, peak to peak: Adjustable from 1mV to 5V
- Frequency resolution: 5000 steps/decade
- Frequency accuracy: < ±200 ppm, 75 ppm typical
Warranty on ERZ100: 12 months