The following limitations may apply:
- e-corder will record signals bandwidths in the range 0 – 20 kHz. The system is not capable of recording higher frequencies unless these are converted to DC levels. The maximum sampling frequency we provide is 400,000 samples/second on one channel.
- e-corder will record voltages in the range of 10µV to 100Volts (with a 10:1 probe). Direct measurements of higher voltages is not recommended without the use of appropriately rated and approved isolated modules.
- e-corder will replace functions performed by chart recorders (of any speed), XY and XYY plotters and storage oscilloscopes (subject to seed constraints).
- e-corder systems allow up to 16 input channels and up to 16 computed channels.to be recorded. Applications requiring a large number of channels are not suitable for e-coders and are best handled by multi channel data loggers.
- e-corder systems provide system accuracies of 0.1% and with 2 point calibration can achieve accuracies close to 0.01%. Achieving accuracies beyond this figure is not possible.
- e-corder are designed mainly to record data. Some control capability is provided – for example: external devices can be turned on and off as part of an experiment or an alarm raised if a variable exceeds a preset value. Generally e-corders are not designed as closed loop control systems and should not be used as such unless special software is installed.