EA167 Dual Reference Adaptor
The Dual Reference Adaptor is a Hi Impedance differential electrometer amplifier that connects to the reference electrode lead of a 3-electrode potentiostat (for example any of the eDAQ EA161, EA163, EA162, or EA164 modular potentiostats, or ER466 integrated potentiostat) and enables its use with two reference electrodes. It can also be used as a general purpose differential electrometer to add functionality to other potentiostats. The potentiostat becomes a 4-electrode system with one working, one counter, and two reference electrodes. Applications include measurements of currents across:
- membranes (4-electrode voltage clamp), or
- the interface between two immiscible electrolyte solutions (ITES).
while the potentiostat controls the potential between the two reference electrodes.
Most brands of 3-electrode potentiostat are compatible with this differential electrometer. It can also be used as a general purpose stand alone high impedance differential electrometer where the inputs are separated by a maximum of 10 V.
- Membranes (4-electrode voltage clamp), or
- Interface between two immiscible electrolyte solutions (ITES).
- General purpose Hi Impedanvce differential electometer.
- Differential Input: 10 V maximum
- Output: ±10 V maximum (unity gain)
- Input impedance: 1013 ohm
- Maximum bandwidth: 30 kHz with full scale input
EA167_Dual_Reference_Adaptor (180 KB PDF)