SDx-T10 tethaPlate, pack of 10
The tethaPlate™ is a 6-chamber sample holder for tethered membrane preparations. It is used in conjunction with a tethaPod or tethaPatch system for the determination of membrane conduction and studies of protein ion channels.
The working electrodes are pre-coated with tethering agent and the plate is ready for the addition of phospholipids for membrane creation. The tether/spacer ratio is normally set at 1:10. Other ratios can be supllied on special order.
The tethaPlate is delivered in two sections which are assembled with the aid of an Assembly Jig. See how to assemble a tethaPlate and make a tethered membrane in the Photos & Videos tab.
Trademarks: tethaPod, tethaPatch, tethaPlate, and tethaPlasm are trademarks of SDx Tethered Membranes Pty Ltd.
- The Assembly and Use of Tethered Bilayer Lipid Membranes (tBLMs). Charles Cranfield, Sonia Carne, Boris Martinac, Bruce Cornell, in Dylan M Owen (ed) Methods on Membrane Lipids, Methods in Molecular Biology, 1232, 45-53, Springer 2015. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4939-1752-5_4
View more related videos on the Screencast Training Videos Wiki
- Sample chambers: 6
- Tethering electrode: gold, 3.0 x 0.7 mm (area 2.1 mm2)
- Body: white polycarbonate, 75 x 39 x 7 mm
- Electrode substrate: transparent polycarbonate, 75 x 25 x 1 mm
- Flow channel depth: 0.15 mm
- Loading port: 4.5 mm diameter circle, 4.5 mm deep
- Waste port: 22 x 7.5 mm, 4.5 mm deep
- Tethers: benzyldisulphide-tetraethyleneglycol-monophytane
- Spacers: benzyldisulphide-tetraethyleneglycol
- Tether/Spacer ratio: 1/10
- Long term storage: 4°C
- Usage: 0 - 45°C