There are three major types of temperature probe: thermocouples; thermistors; and RTDs (resistance temperature devices). Each type needs its own preamplifier which then provides a signal to the e-corder. However, for many applications, the size and shape of probe is usually more important than the probe type.
For use with an e-corder, eDAQ offers:
or for direct connection to a computer with Pod-Vu or third-party software:
- EPU356 Thermocouple isoPod with USB
- EPU358 RTD/Thermistor isoPod with USB
- EPU452 Quad MF isoPod to measure four temperatures simultaneously, using either thermistor or RTD probes.
Other brands of temperature meter that provide an analog voltage signal will also be compatible with e-corder.
Available probes from eDAQ include:
- ET405 K-type temperature probe
- ET1400 T-type thermocouple probe
- ET020 Thermistor Temperature Probe
- ET021 RTD Temperature Probe
In general, the smaller the probe the faster the response time. For high speed response times very fine thermocouples are usually employed. A wide variety of T-type thermocouple probes are available from Physitemp which can all be used with the Thermocouple isoPods
- Temperature Sensors web site for a discussion about various types of sensor.
DISCLAIMER: The appearance of a third party company or product on this page is for informational purposes and constitutes neither a recommendation nor an endorsement.