ER430 High Voltage Sequencer for Microchip Electrophoresis
- Up to ±3000 V at 150 μA
- Switching times better than +/- 0.002 s accuracy
- Four high voltage outputs which monitor current and voltage
- Programmable logic outputs for control of external devices
- Utilizes sequencer software or operate via serial communication
The ER430 is a high voltage power supply with four channels designed specifically for microchip electrophoresis. It can also be used as a voltage source for electrokinetic chromatography and micro reactors/mixers based on electro-osmotic flow (EOF) pumping.
Monitoring of voltage and current is provided on each of the four high voltage output terminals to quickly identify any problems caused by bubbles and channel blockages. Feedback control of output voltage provides for accurate and stable operating conditions. Programmable logic outputs on the rear panel can be used to control external devices.
It includes the easy-to-use QuadSequencer™ software to create sequences of voltages for applying to the microchip. Alternatively, the unit can be operated as a virtual RS232 devices using a serial protocol over a USB connection with custom written software or using packages such as LabVIEW, Connect, WinWedge or HyperTerminal.
Connects to the ET225 Micronit Chip Electrophoresis Platform . Researchers using their own microfluidic chips will need to order the EC230 High Voltage Cables.
The sequencer may be powered by a 12V battery (allowing it to be used in the field) or via its 110-240V AC supply in the lab.
- Contactless Conductivity
- Inorganic ions, organic molecules, pharmaceuticals and biomolecules
- Microchip Electrophoresis
- Anions by MCE-C4D
- Procedure for Microchip Electrophoresis with C4D
- Electro-osmotic Flow Measurement in a Microfluidic Chip
- High performance separation of quaternary amines using microchip non-aqueous electrophoresis coupled with contactless conductivity detection. Roger Cardoso Moreira, Marilia Sousa Lopes, Iris Medeiros Junior, Wendell K.T. Coltro. J Chromatogr A. 2017. DOI: 10.1016/j.chroma.2017.03.062
- Multistacking from Two Sample Streams in Nonaqueous Microchip Electrophoresis. Lee Yien Thang, Hong Heng See, and Joselito P. Quirino. Anal. Chem., 88 (20), pp 9915–9919, 2016. DOI: 10.1021/acs.analchem.6b02790
- Authenticity screening of seized whiskey samples using electrophoresis microchips coupled with contactless conductivity detection. Kariolanda C.A. Rezende, Roger Cardoso Moreira, Lucio Paulo Lima Logrado, Marcio Talhavini and Wendell K.T. Coltro. Electrophoresis, 37, 2891–2895, 2016. DOI: 10.1002/elps.201600277
- Monitoring of nitrite, nitrate, chloride and sulfate in environmental samples using electrophoresis microchips coupled with contactless conductivity detection. Camilla Benevides Freitas, Roger Cardoso Moreira, Maria Gizelda de Oliveira Tavares and Wendell K. T. Coltro. Talanta 147, 335–341, 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.talanta.2015.09.075
- Variability of microchip capillary electrophoresis with conductivity detection. Ratna Tantra, Kenneth Robinson, Aneta Sikora. Electrophoresis, 2013. DOI: 10.1002/elps.201300175
- μTAS (micro total analysis systems) for the high-throughput measurement of nanomaterial solubility. R Tantra, J Jarman. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 429, 012011, 2013. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/429/1/012011
- High-voltage power supplies to capillary and microchip electrophoresis. Lucas Blanes, Wendell Karlos Tomazelli Coltro, Renata Mayumi Saito, Amanda Van Gramberg, Claudimir Lucio do Lago, Philip Doble. Electrophoresis, 2012. DOI: 10.1002/elps.201100490
Photos[ click on the thumbnails below to view large images ]
View more related videos on the Screencast Training Videos Wiki
- High voltage outputs: 4, with SHV connectors
- Maximum voltage: ±3 kV per channel
- Maximum current: 150 µA per channel
- Safety interlock: contact closure, BNC connector
Output modes: OC = open circuit
SC = short circuit to ground (current meter)
HiZ = high impedance voltmeter
SetV = sets voltage (current and voltage displayed)
ER430_HV_Sequencer (580 KB PDF)
Ordering: ER430 High Voltage Sequencer for Microchip Electrophoresis
ES430 QuadSequencer Software
ER455 Microchip Electrophoresis Kit
ET225 Micronit Microchip Electrophoresis Platform